Love is in the air this month, and if you’re looking to spice things up a bit you’ll love these ‘Fifty Shades’-inspired ideas on how to improve your Valentine’s Day.
1. Treat yourself to a pair of luxurious matching underwear that’s bound to up those confidence levels. If you’re feeling brave, there’s nothing to stop you rocking suspenders and shiny leather, but for something less daring, we’d suggest subtle lace in a gorgeous colour. You can’t go wrong with this stunning burgundy set from La Senza, from R800 for both.
2. Experiment with a few toys… the cutesy ones. Whips and chains may be a bit much, but don’t be afraid to indulge in a tasty treat of chocolate flavoured body paint or candy underwear. For a round of ‘good cop, bad cop’, fluffy handcuffs are a must. Get these classic black cuffs online at passionfruit.co.za for R227.94
3. Ditch store-bought gifts and do something special for each other instead. Now’s the time to request that full-body massage or midnight foot rub.
4. Add a few sultry tunes to your dinner playlist. You may find that dessert arrives sooner than you think…
New tracks to download are:
“I don’t wanna live forever” by Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik. It’s part of the soundtrack to Fifty Shades Darker and is sure to get you in the mood.
Video tomorrow night midnight est #idontwannaliveforever #fiftyshadesdarker
“Closer” by The Chainsmokers, featuring Halsey. Possibly one of the most popular songs from 2016 and a sure-fire winner.
“Versace on the floor” by Bruno Mars. Nothing says Valentine’s Day quite like high-quality couture strewn across the carpet
For all-time classics, try:
“Let’s get it on” by Marvin Gaye
“Lay lady lay” by Bob Dylan
“Pour some sugar on me” by Def Leppard
5. And lastly, if you’re still struggling with ideas, catch the new Fifty Shades Darker movie for a bit of extra inspiration. It’s out on 10 February.
Intern Digital editor at woman&home magazine. … Experienced digital editor with a demonstrated history of working in the media production industry.