The romance-filled, tear-jerker novel Me Before You by Jojo Moyes has been picked up by Hollywood and turned into an honest film about loss and love.
Me Before You will finally be hitting SA cinemas on Friday 8 July and we can’t wait to book our tickets. Here are 5 reasons why Me Before You is a girls night you don’t want to miss out on:
- The book didn’t disappoint as it was loved the world over – “Me Before You is a love story and a family story, but above all it’s a story of the bravery and sustained effort needed to redirect the path of a life once it’s been pushed off course” – The New York Times. A story that needs to be seen on screen so that its magic can come to life.
- It’s been dubbed the best romance film of the year by Movie Pilot, and IndieWire thinks the film is a “romantic melodrama that should put Nicholas Sparks out of business”.
- Me Before You will be the perfect release for all those built up emotions you’ve been harbouring – disappointment in situations or people, heartbreak, unrequited love, frustration with life and its unfairness. It’s good to get all the bad stuff out with some tears in a dark movie theatre.
- It will restore hope in love and the fullness of life. The main message of the film can be perfectly summed up by Sam Claflin’s character Will Traynor, “You only get one life. It’s actually your duty to live it as fully as possible”.
- If those 4 reasons aren’t enough to sway you, we’re sure the trailer will. Take a look below: