The killer hit musical, Chicago, returns to razzle dazzle SA again! It would be criminal to miss it…
A nightclub singer, a double-murderess, a smooth-talking lawyer, and a cell block of sin surrounded by the razzle dazzle of the world’s sexiest musical returns in 2019! You’ve got it comin’ as the story of the award-winning Broadway and West End musical Chicago unfolds to showstopping songs, including All That Jazz, Cell Block Tango, and Mister Cellophane.
The multi-talented all-South African touring cast, band and crew began rehearsals in Joburg in August 2018, ahead of an international year-long tour beginning in New Zealand. Their first stop was Auckland, followed by Wellington, where audiences were dazzled and critics raved. StuffNZ said, “Corruption, greed and murder comes to the capital courtesy of world-class Chicago”, while Diversions summed up the show: “A killer chorus, exceptional choreography, razzle, dazzle and all that jazz.” In October, the show moved to China, opening at the Grand Theatre in Chongqing. Three more engagements followed in October before opening in Beijing in November, Guangzhou in December, and Shanghai in December 2018 and January 2019.
From the opening line to curtain close, there’s nothing like Chicago on stage. Originally staged in Cape Town and Joburg in 2005 and again, owing to popular demand, in 2008 at the Artscape and Montecasino’s Teatro, this show has been enjoyed by more than 210 000 theatre-goers. The show had glowing reviews. “This Musical is Hot with a capital H. It’s so sexy that it sets temperatures soaring – even on a chilly night!” said The Citizen, while The Tonight called the show “A class act all the way …. Chicago is impeccable, irresistible, unmissable,” and Artslink simply summed up the show as “A hot, hot ticket.”
Cape Town: Artscape Opera House:
Friday, 15 March 2019 to Sunday, 14 April 2019
Joburg: Montecasino’s Teatro:
Saturday, 20 April 2019 to Sunday, 26 May 2019
Ticket Prices (including VAT):
Midweek: R200, R250, R320, R400
Weekend: R250, R320, R420, R500
Book via Computicket by calling 0861 915 8000, see computicket.com, or visit your nearest Computicket outlet.
Important information: PG is advised owing to adult themes.
We’re giving away four double tickets to see the show in either Joburg or Cape Town!
Competition closes 7 March 2019. To enter, fill in the form below.
Standard terms and conditions:
- Tickets are only valid for the specified date and performance time and may not be upgraded, exchanged for cash or for an alternate performance.
- Two sets of double tickets (4 in total) to attend Chicago The Musical at Artscape on Sunday, 17 March at 6pm.
- Two sets of double tickets (4 in total) to attend Chicago The Musical at The Teatro at Montecasino on Thursday, 25 April at 8pm.
- The prize comprises of two show tickets only.
- Prize winners are responsible for their own transport arrangements.
- Any additional tickets may be purchased direct from Computicket
- We are unable to assist with bookings for additional tickets
- A Computicket booking notice will be sent by email for show tickets. Prize winners must please print and present at a Computicket outlet/venue Box Office so that tickets may be processed prior to the show date.
- Lost tickets/vouchers will not be replaced.