Ten readers can each win an Enterprise voucher valued at R250 each!
Providing your family with quick and easy meals does not mean you should compromise on quality and great taste. This is something that Enterprise understands all too well, that is why they strive to provide convenient, quality meal solutions for families all over South Africa.
To add to their already impressive, premium range offering, they now have a deliciously new range of premium pork sausages.
The range is made of prime meat cuts with a special blend of spices, wrapped in a natural casing to ensure that superior bite experience. The sausages are frozen through an individual, quick freezing (IQF) process to ensure that all the freshness is quickly preserved.
All foodies will be glad to hear that these sausages also have on-trend flavouring taken from popular, culinary trends. Be on the lookout for their Classic, Sriracha and Smoked Pepper flavours.
Why don’t you try this recipe with your Enterprise Premium Pork Sausages?
Thai Pork & Apricot Sausage Rolls
Yield: 4 to 6 Sausage Rolls
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking/Setting Time: 20 Minutes
Equipment: Food Processor, mixing bowl, baking sheet, pastry brush
400g Pork sausages, thawed and skinned
1 tsp Garlic
½ tin Koo Apricot halves, drained and chopped
½ tin Koo Chickpeas, drained
3 tsps Spring Onion, chopped
1 tsp Chilli, finely chopped
2 tsps Red Thai Curry Paste
1 tbls Fish Sauce
3 tbls Fresh Coriander, finely chopped or Mint
Salt & Pepper
Puff Pastry Squares/Rectangles
½ cup Mrs Balls Sweet Chilli Sauce
½ tin Koo Apricot Halves, drained and finely chopped
2 tsps Soya Sauce
1 tsp Finely Chopped Coriander or Mint
1. Preheat the Oven to 180’C
2. Dipping sauce: mix ingredients together and allow to infuse for alt least 15 minutes before using.
3. Sausage Rolls: Put the pork sausages, apricot, garlic, chickpea, spring onion, chilli, thai paste, fish sauce and egg into the food processor and process to combine, it should not be puree but rustic. Fold in the fresh coriander or mint and add salt and pepper to taste. Set Aside
4. Roll out the pastry into oblong shapes. Take filling, using floured hands and roll into a long sausage. Place on the long edge of a piece of pastry. Do the same for the remaining pastry and filling. Brush the edges of the pastry with water and fold over, pressing down to seal. Place the sealed edge underneath. Repeat with others.
5. Using a sharp knife, snip small slits in the top of the sausage rolls. Brush the top with egg wash, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place on greased baking sheets.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and puffed out. Serve with dipping sauce and a summer fresh salad.
Chefs Tip! Beef Mince can also be used or prawns for a delicious variation.
*Enterprise premium pork sausages are available in all leading retailers.
To stand a chance of winning, simply fill in the form below. The competition closes on 13 December.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.