While colour correctors are nothing new, most of us still look at pistachio-coloured powder and think, “What am I supposed to do with that?”
At a glance, green tones down redness, yellow brightens dark circles and blue counteracts sallowness. As for lavender, it balances yellow tones, and orange works to even out blues.
“Colour correcting is officially the new contouring,” says online beauty brand owner Alexia Inge. And with a slew of clever skin-tone correctors and primers currently on the market, we can all finally get to grips with what goes where.
Read on as our beauty editor picks six of the best…
Colour Correctors: The Secret To A Flawless Base
1. Smashbox Color Correcting Stick, R450. A nifty colour corrector stick that comes in three skin-tone optimising hues to combat redness and dark circles.
2. Black Up Colour Loose Colour Correcting Powder, R410, comes in two shades which are perfect to use when setting your under-eye make-up to brighten your look.
3. Stila Correct & Perfect All-In-One Colour Correcting Palette, R795, houses all of your skin-tone colour correcting needs in one easy-to-grab palette, with balancing creams and brightening powders to boot.
4. Maybelline Face Studio Master-Camo Colour Correcting Pen, R189,95 for 1,5ml, is ultra-affordable and available in four skin-tone correcting hues.
5. Dr. Haushcka Colour Correcting Powder, R799, covers numerous skin-tone problems in one swift brush stroke. It’s just so easy and effective to use. What’s not to love?
6. Urban Decay Naked Skin Colour Correcting Fluid, R300 for 6,2g, is a must-have colour corrector in many make-up artists’ beauty kits. These concealers come in a range of shades and boast a high-tech formula that helps blur fine lines while illuminating the skin.
By Beauty Editor Martinique Stevens
A scent obsessed beauty editor with a flair for fashion and an affinity for anything kawaii. When she’s not researching skincare ingredient lists for the latest low-down on what this or that compound or chemical does on the skin, you can expect to find her off-loading stress at the gym, enjoying a salsa dancing social or hunting for the latest fragrance.