With our easy moves, you can take 5 years off from your looK with a youthful glow:
- Dig out summer’s self-tanner and add a small blob to your moisturiser every couple of days. It takes off the pallor and gives you ridiculously healthy-looking skin.
- Add massage to your face cleansing routine. It’s such a no-brainer move and makes skin look younger, fresh and pink. Work cleanser over your palms and, using them flat on your skin, start at your collarbone and work up over the neck, chin, sides of face and forehead. Work over eye area gently with more cleanser on your ring finger, then take the whole lot off with a wash cloth wrung out in warm water. Now check that healthy glow!
- When early morning skin looks like a roadmap, disguise the lines with a blur cream that fills the gaps and bounces off the light. An optical illusion that works! Try The Body Shop Instablur All-In-One 5 Action Perfector, R190.
- Skin that puffs up overnight can be deflated with this simple move – just keep your moisturiser in the fridge. When you apply it, the chill will tighten up the blood vessels and take down early morning puffiness. Perfect, too, for post-party skin!
- Hide dark circles with light-reflecting concealer after your foundation to get the coverage right. Don’t do it before or it will cake and crack before you’ve even started on the rest of your skin. Use the wand or brush for delivery only, then pat with finger pads to blend. Don’t rub – most will simply come off on your fingers.
- Lilac eye shadow is fabulous for lifting skin and giving it brightness, and suits every skin colouring. Make it a pure shade, though, nothing with silver in it.
- For a boost, smooth on a lip plumper. A good one, like Smashbox O-Plump Intuitive Lip Plumper With Goji Berry C-Complex, R270, softens lips and restores volume. Slide it on and feel the plumping sensation begin.