Mascara is the one makeup item that can instantly open up your eyes and transform you from ‘blah’ to bright-eyed. From dramatic definition to luscious length or volume, every mascara wand offers a different result. Here are some tips on how to apply and get the best results from your mascara.
DOs & DON’Ts
• Do allow to dry. Wet formulas clump less if you let the first coat dry before applying another. Start with your upper lashes on one eye before moving on to the next, and then go back to add a second layer.
• Don’t pump – This action forces air into the tube, which causes the formula to dry out faster, resulting in a clumpy mess.
• Do experiment – Layer and combine different mascaras, such as a thicker one for volume, followed by a defining formula with a skinny brush to separate and lengthen your lashes.
• Don’t share – Sharing isn’t caring when it comes to mascara, as it can result in the transfer of bacteria from one person’s eyes to the next, which in turn could potentially spread a nasty eye infection.
• Do apply correctly – Get bigger lift and better volume by applying from the roots of your lashes. Work the brush into the base of the lashes and wiggle it as you pull upwards to disperse the product and create lift.
[image by Shiny Diamond via Pexels]