Do you just quickly apply some lipgloss and mascara and run out the door? Do you wish you had #5MinutesMore in the mornings to get ready for the day ahead? We asked you what you would do if you had just #5MinutesMore.
— womanandhome_sa (@womanandhome_sa) March 9, 2016
- “I’d really love to do my hair and make-up properly. My mornings are hectic with getting my kids ready, making lunches and getting ready for work.” – Alvina Pillay
- “I’d definitely spend #5MinutesMore relaxing on my couch. I never get time to relax before I leave for work. Rest is essential to looking good.” – Masego Motang
- “With #5MinutesMore I’d match my shoes and accessories with my outfit!” – Loveitha Ramjiyavan
“I’d catch up on meditation. We hardly take time to be quiet and breathe, and this would mean a much more peaceful and productive day.” – Thembi Dzana
#5MinutesMore hair and make-up tips
Save time in the mornings with our Beauty Editor’s top tips:
- Prep lashes the night before. For longer, thicker and healthier lashes, condition them the night before with Vaseline. Stronger lashes means less time with the mascara brush the next morning!
- Keep a nail pen handy. If your nail polish bleeds into your cuticles, save time by neatening it up with a nail polish remover pen.
- Try a French twist. Don’t have time to blow-dry your hair? Simply pull it back into a ponytail and secure at the nape of your neck. Gently roll hair into a French twist and curl ends in and under, securing the pins as you go.. Voila, the perfect look to last all day!
- Invest in long-wearing make-up products. Skin primers (that you apply once in the mornings to a clean face), matte lip crayons and waterproof mascaras are make-up essentials for busy women who don’t have time to reapply make-up during the day.
By leaving your comments, you stand a chance to win a Clinique hamper. Keep an eye out for the weekly Clinique competitions on the woman&home Facebook page. Winners will be announced in April.
As a qualified Journalist, Researcher, Social Media Manager, Digital Editor, Brand Manager now Social Media Campaigns Manager; my studies and experience have stood me in a good ground in recent years