Do you feel rushed while getting ready every morning? We asked our readers what they’d do if they had #5MinutesMore in the day…
— womanandhome_sa (@womanandhome_sa) March 2, 2016
What you’d do with #5MinutesMore…
- “I’d apply a body lotion with a good SPF. I’d also learn how to contour my eyeliner, blush and eyeshadow to highlight my best features.” – Tania Horne
- “I’d hit the snooze button! Applying make-up before leaving the house has become quick and effortless with my Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation.” – Kivanya Naidu
- “If I had 5 minutes more, I’d condition my hair. There’s hardly any time for conditioner having a demanding 5 year old.” – Loshini Munsamy
- “I’d experiment with different make-up colours. I spend more time on my hair, so I end up just applying my normal eye make-up at work.” – Hayley Baxen
5 tips for #5MinutesMore
- Plan ahead. Do as much as you can before you go to bed. Consider washing your hair then, and simply using a straightening iron or hair dryer the next morning. If you plan your day in advance, you’ll have less to worry about in the mornings.
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier. This extra time to get yourself ready will make the world of difference.
- Make lists and prioritise your responsibilities for the next day.
- If you have important things to do, don’t waste valuable time watching TV, playing games or browsing the internet, (unless of course, you use this as your downtime!)
- Ask your friends and family to help out. For example, find out if there is a lift club in your area to help out with your kids so that you have more time to get ready in the mornings.
By leaving your comments on our Facebook posts, you stand a chance to win a Clinique hamper. Keep an eye out for the weekly Clinique competitions on the woman&home Facebook page. Winners will be announced in April.
Digital Editor at woman&home magazine, F1 Fan, Chocoholic.