If you’re in a style rut, hair extensions are a quick and easy way to update your look. “I love using a new process called micro bonding for a really natural-looking effect,” says Jeauval Hair Salon stylist Abdul Banza. “It’s a painless and damage-free hair extension method, as no glue, heat, or chemicals are used, and it’s suitable for all types of hair, too.”
A small section of your own hair is fed through a micro bond – also known as a micro- bead or tube – using a threading hook. A 100% human-hair extension is then pushed through the bond, meeting with your own hair, and is clamped down using an opening/closing tool. It takes about an hour to apply a full head of extensions.
The bonds are available in an array of colours to match your hair, for a natural, subtle, and undetectable finish. The extensions also come in multiple shades and lengths. If you take proper care of your extensions, it may last for up to three months.
After, your stylist can remove them completely, or move them closer to your scalp to disguise regrowth, by opening the bonds, sliding them up, then clamping them shut. From R1 300 (depending on length). Available at Jeauval Hair Salons; call 011 706 9131.
- DO brush your hair morning and evening, and before you shower, starting at the bottom to detangle, to avoid matting.
- DO wrap your head in a silk- or satin scarf (see below) before you go to sleep.
- DO deep-condition your hair once or twice a week to add luscious softness and shine.
- DON’T go to bed with wet hair, otherwise, you’ll wake up with knots and matting.
- DON’T use oils or conditioners on your roots – only the ends – so bonds don’t slip.
- DON’T tie your hair up tightly, as it’ll tug.
Your “new hair” care kit
Aunt Jackie’s Curls & Coils In Control “Anti-Poof” Moisturizing & Softening Conditioner, R69,95 for 260ml, for healthy, shiny hair.
Dark and Lovely Spray, R37,95 for 250ml, keeps extensions smelling fresh with a divine mint scent.
Trenery Palm Silk Scarf, R899. A fab accessory to protect your hair – bag it!
Disclaimer: The testimonials presented on this website are applicable to the individuals depicted only and may not be representative of the experience of others. The information provided within this site is strictly for the purposes of information only and is not a replacement or substitute for professional advice.