Like to wear your hair curly? We have the best tips on how to glam up your natural waves or transform your poker straight hair into the most luscious curls with these tips for curly hair.
How to get your hair cut
When you go for a new haircut, make sure your style keeps the weight in it. Opt for long layers with blunter ends; as soon as you start going for shattered ends and pointed sections you will find it frizzes and splits more easily.
How to get glossy curls
Hairdresser Carl Stanley gives his top tips on creating fantastic curls. Remember, the longer the hair, the bigger the tongs!
- Wash hair, towel dry, then spritz on a little styling serum for extra body.
- Roughly blow-dry the product into the hair and brush through.
- Roll sections over tongs, then slide out and hold with a clip. Leave to cool.
- Unclip the “rolls“, then comb through hair with your fingers and brush with a natural bristle.
- Mix a little serum and gel together, rub between palms and run through your hair.
How to take care of your curls
If your hair is naturally curly, it’s undoubtedly frizzy too. The answer is to get a wax, balm or serum that weighs your hair down without making it look greasy.