We’ve put together our best makeup tips from artists to help you create a more beautiful new you…
1. International make-up artist Mary is the queen of concealing: “Young-looking skin looks flawless and, past 35, concealer is your best friend.”
- Only use concealer after you’ve made up the rest of your face with foundation. You’ll use a lot less.
- Moisturise skin well to avoid make-up looking dry. Take a very fine-tipped make-up brush – Mary loves the MAC 194 Concealer Brush, R195 – and conceal only the blemish, not the skin around it, using a thick covering concealer, such as Woolworths Colour Cream Concealer, R99,95.
- For dark circles, try light-textured blackUp Concealer, R290.
2. Long-lasting foundations are hot for the warmer months. The trick is to prep your skin well with serum and moisturiser underneath so that they don’t dry out your skin, making it look flaky.
- Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15, R395, is surprisingly sheer.
- L’Oréal Matte Morphose Soufflé Foundation, R169,95, blends beautifully.
- Clarins Everlasting Foundation, R335, comes in 10 great shades and really stays put.
3. Invest in a new collection of exquisite tawny bronzers for healthy-looking radiant skin in time for summer. Keep bronzer looking fresh on your face by dusting off any excess on the back of your hand first.
- “You want to create a fresh gleam that mimics the radiant effect of the sun on your skin,” says make-up guru Olivier Echaudemaison of Guerlain. “Take a brush, swirl it around the bronzing powder and lightly draw a three on either side of the face, starting at the temples, in over the cheekbone, back out and in again, along the jawline, and you’re done.” Simple! We love glominerals gloBronze in Sun Kiss, R369; Rimmel 3-in-1 Powder Blush in Spring Flower, R69,95, a trio of pretty pinks; Charlie Compact Blush in Toast, R59,95; and Guerlain’s Terracotta Light Summer Bronzing Powder, R560, in an array of five shades to suit all skins.
- Take a big brush and give a sweep of tawny colour (with highlight) to face, collarbones and tops of shoulders to make skin gleam. w&h loves Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Exotic Bronzing Blush, R455.
Disclaimer: The testimonials presented on this website are applicable to the individuals depicted only and may not be representative of the experience of others. The information provided within this site is strictly for the purposes of information only and is not a replacement or substitute for professional advice.