How has the experience on The Voice been?
Fantastic. I can’t begin to express how great it’s been. It’s been wonderful to discover all the amazing talent we have in this country and for me personally, it’s been rewarding to be able to share what I know about the industry. Being talented isn’t enough and I’m glad I have the opportunity to share my knowledge with potential stars.
You’ve been announced as the brand ambassador for Bobbi Brown cosmetics. How has that been?
I love it. Lately I seem to be attracting all the things I like and I love make-up. I don’t like spending a lot of money on things but I don’t mind spending on make-up. I love experimenting with it so this has been an amazing opportunity.
Speaking of Bobbi Brown cosmetics, what are your favourite products from them?
- Bobbi Brown press powder: I just discovered it and I love how it makes my skin glow. It’s very light and it makes me feel like I don’t have any make-up on and that’s what I think make-up should be about.
- OMG WOW Mascara: I’ve always had a complex about how short my eye lashes are and have spent a lot of time and money buying lashes. But since I discovered the OMG WOW Mascara, I haven’t spent a cent on fake lashes.
- Long Wear Cream Eye shadow: Something I also recently discovered and now I’m addicted. It makes my eyes pop.
- Dusty Pink lipstick: I love it because it’s subtle.
- Stick Foundation: This foundation is great when you’re being introduced to make-up or when you’re not too sure about make-up because it’s very easy to use.
You’ve been rocking bold lips lately. What are your bold lips tips?
Experiment with merriment. That’s my number one tip. I’ve always been conservative when it came to my lips until recently. I realised that my lips and eyes are my favourite features so it makes sense to enhance them. My current favourite lip colours are orange, purple and powerful red.
What are some of your beauty tips?
- Eat well. Beauty should come from within and when you take care of the inside, it will show on the outside. Eat healthy and your skin will thank you.
- I’m a big believer in mascara and eye liner. No matter how gorgeous and flawless your skin is, if you don’t have any make up on, you kind of look like a zombie who just woke up, so if you’re in a rush, apply eye liner and a mascara, you’ll see a huge difference.
- Don’t forget lipstick. Choose a colour that suits you and go with it.
What beauty advice do you have for women?
Recognise your own beauty first, don’t compare yourself. The problem with us ladies is that we always want to look like somebody else. Get that out of your mind first. Don’t measure your beauty though other people. Once you recognise and acknowledge your own beauty, then work with yourself, see what you love about yourself and start there. If it’s your eyes, then start wearing eye liners, mascaras and eye shadow, if it’s your lips then try some lipstick. But first, acknowledge your own beauty. – Amanda Ndlangisa
- Find out more about our fashion and beauty editors’ top trends by following us on social media, with the hashtag #WinterTrends2016
Disclaimer: The testimonials presented on this website are applicable to the individuals depicted only and may not be representative of the experience of others.