When it comes mascara options, finding the perfect fit can be as frustrating as shopping for flattering skinny jeans.
The ones that look the best cost a fortune and then you’re left feeling cheated by a product that doesn’t last a long time.
But fear not, our beauty editor has 5 ways for you to make the most of your mascara, as well as 5 brands for under R100 that look as good as their pricey alternatives.
Believe it or not, Maybelline Great Lash Mascara – described by make-up artists as a must-have and one that you’ll often find in the make-up bags of models and celebs alike – makes the list!
5 top tips for getting the most out of your mascara:
- Don’t apply more than 2 coats of mascara. Applying more will make your eyelashes look clumpy
- If you have shorter lashes, use a brush with smaller bristles and vice versa
- Don’t pump your mascara wand into the tube – this allows air into the tube and causes your mascara to dry out
- If you want to get to the root of your eyelashes with your mascara, use the tip of your wand to get the them
- If your mascara dries out, don’t throw it away. You can use the thicker remnants as brow gel
5 mascara options for under R100:
Ever wondered how to apply false eyelashes? Watch our tutorial below: