Get ready to put your best foot forward. Follow these seven easy steps to your perfect party pedi…
- Bright red looks great on toenails. “Add a line of gold or silver along the tips to add a bit of glamour to a red nail,” says nail pro, Jenni Draper, “or even a nail jewel at the base of one or all of the nails. Or simply add a coat of glitter in the same colour as your polish.”
- Decide on your shoes before you do your toes. Nude looks really classy with sparkly shoes, while bright shades, such as coral and pink, look great with a pair of statement heels.
7 steps to your perfect party pedi
1. Remove old nail polish
Acetone-free removers aren’t as drying on nails. Try Sorbet Salon Pump Nourish Nail Polish Remover Acetone Free, R45 for 250ml.
2. File the edges of your nails at a slight angle…
instead of clipping them, for greater control of the shape to give you a prettier pedi and help prevent ingrown toenails.
3. Wash feet using a softening foot scrub, and pat dry
Try rubbing Rain Biologie Exfoliating Foot Scrub, R159 for 90ml, into damp skin, focusing on dry calluses on the heels, then rinse off.
4. Buff with a foot file
I’m increasingly obsessed with using Emjoi Micro-Pedi, R359; just about the most addictive beauty tool ever, with different settings to buff skin smooth. Love it!
5. Massage feet with a foot lotion
We recommend L’Occitane Dry Skin Foot Cream with Shea Butter, R395 for 150ml. Use only a tiny amount so that your feet don’t feel greasy when you put your shoes on minutes after your polish dries.
6. Now paint
Use toe separators to keep them apart while you paint your toes with two coats of your chosen polish.
7. Finish with a fast-drying topcoat
Just a few seconds after applying the brilliant Sally Hansen Big Shiny Top Coat, R99, polish is dry to the touch.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.