You might not always have time to invest hours in a beauty routine, but natural face masks that can be made at home are one way to nourish and hydrate the skin in a shorter space of time, while making you feel pampered and calm.
A definite DIY must, natural face masks are good for your skin and simple to make at home. We bet you have these staples in your pantry already! The good news is, a little goes a long way – as these natural face masks are pretty concentrated, so use sparingly.
Here are three natural face masks to make at home:
Honey and banana face mask
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
Mix it up
- Blend the banana and honey together.
- Then add a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Apply to the face for 15 minutes before rinsing with a warm facecloth.
Oatmeal and yoghurt face mask
Dull, lacklustre skin that needs a radiance boost. Oatmeal has potent antioxidant properties to soothe and protect the skin. In fact, it’s used in many skincare brands around the world.
- 1 tbsp live, natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp finely ground oatmeal
- 4 drops honey
Mix it up
- Blend the yoghurt and oatmeal together until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add the honey, then apply and leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and a facecloth.
Avocado and honey face mask
Stressed skin that needs hydration and protection. Avocado is a well-known ingredient in skincare as the natural oils deeply penetrate and soothe tired skin. Avocado has also been found to slow ageing and protect the skin from developing fine lines and wrinkles.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup honey
Mix it up
- Mash the avocado into a creamy pulp
- Mix in the honey, then apply.
- Leave for 10 minutes. Rinse with a cool facecloth.
woman&home has a brand new attitude and offers irresistible inspiration each and every month to our audience. The brand believes that it’s attitude, not age, that matters and we speak to women in a conversational, empowering, inspirational, fun and friendly tone.