Finding quick and easy hairstyles can be a bit of a pain, especially on those days between washes.
Which is why our beauty editor, Martinique, has come up with 3 quick updos for days when you’re feeling a little lazy, but still want to look stylish.
All you’ll need for all of these styles is:
- Hair ties, R25,99 for 15, Clicks
- Hair pins, R12,95, Dis-Chem
- A brush, like the Basics Oval Brush from Dis-Chem, R24,95
- A curling wand – we recommend the GHD Curve, but any wand will do
- Hair spray – we recommend Tresemme Firm Hold, R88,95, Dis-Chem
- A scarf, like this one from Mr Price, which will only cost you R59,99
Now you’re ready to try out our 3 easy hairstyles:
Look 1: The Easy Updo
1. Brush your hair into a ponytail. Wrap a strand of your hair around the base of the ponytail, over your hair-tie, then secure with a pin.
2. Curl hair in small sections. This doesn’t need to be done precisely – you’re looking for casual, roughly formed waves. You might need to re-secure the strand you wrapped around your hair-tie at this point as it may come loose.
3. Use hairspray to finish the look.
Look 2: The Chic Chignon
1. Wrap your hair around the base of a ponytail into a bun, and secure with a hair elastic.
2. Fold a scarf into a rectangle then twist until taut.
3. Wrap your scarf around the bun and tie a knot to secure it. You can even leave some of the scarf hanging a little loose if you want a cute bow effect.
Look 3: The Easy Side Plait
1. Rough curl your hair to create texture.
2. Twist and pin a strand of hair away from your face.
3. Sweep your hair to the opposite side to the strand you have pinned and braid, securing with a hair-tie at the end.
4. Loosen the braid to create a more relaxed look.
Digital Editor at woman&home magazine, F1 Fan, Chocoholic.