Here are 5 things to do for a germ-free handbag:
1. Clean your handbag. Clean your handbag regularly with antibacterial soap. This should involve careful cleaning of the surface, inside and outside, daily with a cloth.
2. Watch where you put it. Avoid placing your handbag in high-risk bacteria zones, such as bathrooms or kitchen counters, floors, and toilet seats.
3. Keep your hands clean. Practice good hygiene overall. It is essential to wash your hands frequently, as your hands are what transmit most germs. Even if you sanitize after you use the toilet, bacteria can remain on the outside and inner linings of your purse. The concept of washing your hands for 20 seconds with good friction after you touch your purse may seem absurd at first, but it is highly recommended.
4. Wipe it down. Use antibacterial wipes to wipe the items in your bag, including makeup containers and cell phones. Don’t forget to clean the bottom of your bag and handles. Dip your lipstick baton in alcohol for 15 to 30 seconds and then wipe away the top layer of the lipstick to clean it properly.
Pro tip: Leave your lipstick and mascara in the freezer overnight to kill bacteria and viruses.
5. Keep food away. Avoid putting food in your bag. Rather carry it in a separate lunch bag to avoid ruining your bag should the food spill.
Feature image: Unsplash