Deliciously Ella's cake is simple - you'll only need 6 ingredients
For the cake
Coconut oil, for the tin
- 3 avocados
- 7 tablespoons almond butter
- 8 tablespoons raw cacao powder, plus more to dust (optional)
- 11 tablespoons maple syrup
- 140g ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
For the frosting
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan 160°C). Oil a 20cm cake tin with coconut oil; I don’t line it with baking parchment as my ‘tin’ is made from silicone. If yours isn’t, you might want to.
- Scoop the avocado flesh out of the skins; discard the stones.
- Add the avocados to a food processor with all the other ingredients and blend until smooth. Scrape the batter into the prepared tin and level the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool and bind together for at least 20 minutes before turning out of the tin.
- Sift over a little more cacao powder, if you like, to serve, as we did for the photo, or make the frosting. For the frosting, warm the coconut oil in a small saucepan just until it melts. Stir in all the other ingredients until you have a smooth, glossy glaze. Use it to frost the top of the cold cake, then leave to set.
DISCLAIMER: Before starting any diet, you should speak to your doctor. You must not rely on the information on this website/newsletter as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.