Fresh flavours, crunchy veg and succulent steak from Pick n Pay -- what more could you ask for?
Preparation Time: 20 mins
For the salad
- 200g PnP Instant Noodles Beef
- 250g PnP butchery rump steak
- 1tbsp PnP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 PnP red pepper, julienned
- 2 PnP carrots, julienned
- 1 red onion, peeled and julienned
- 1 small PnP red cabbage, sliced
For the dressing
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2tbsp PnP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2tbsp fish sauce
- 2tsp PnP brown sugar
- 2tsp PnP crushed chilli, ginger and garlic
- Handful of fresh PnP coriander, chopped, plus extra, to serve
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a griddle pan or braai to a medium-high heat. Drizzle the steak with the olive oil, and season with the salt and pepper. Sear the steaks until they’re done to your liking. Remove from the heat, cover with foil, and set aside to rest for 5 minutes, before cutting them into thin slices.
- For the dressing, whisk all of the ingredients together in a small jug.
- Place the steak slices on a serving tray. In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, carrots, onion, red cabbage, and noodles. Top the steak with the salad ingredients, and drizzle over the dressing. Garnish with coriander and sesame seeds, to serve.