Easy to make and wheat free, this delicious slice is made from the super grain, chia.
- 150g rolled oats
- 90g walnut halves
- 35g shredded coconut
- 45g white or black chia seeds
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 2tsps natural vanilla extract
- 425g pitted dried dates, chopped
- Pure icing sugar, to serve (optional)
- Put the oats, walnuts, coconut, chia seeds, cinnamon, cocoa and vanilla in a food processor and process until all the ingredients are finely chopped
- With the motor running, start adding the dates a few pieces at a time, processing until all the dates have been added and the mixture is starting to come together. Use clean hands to bring it together completely, adding 1-2tsps of cold water if necessary
- Press the mixture evenly into a round 20cm cake tin, smoothing the surface firmly with the back of a metal spoon. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve
- Dust with icing sugar and cut in to thin wedges before serving
- The slice will keep, covered with plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
DISCLAIMER: Before starting any diet, you should speak to your doctor. You must not rely on the information on this website/newsletter as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.