Perfect for warmer days, this is a delicious dessert-and no ice cream make is required!
- 3 bananas, not overripe
- good squeeze of lemon juice
- 750ml (1¼ pt) double cream (Elmlea Double Light works perfectly too)
- 5 free-range eggs, separated
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 200ml (7fl oz) dulce de leche
You will need:
- 2-litre (3½ pt) container with a lid, or a loaf tin would be fine
- Blend the bananas with the lemon juice and 50ml (2fl oz) of the cream until smooth, but don’t over-mix
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla extract and the caster sugar until pale and thick. In a second bowl, whip the remaining cream until soft peaks form. Then in a third bowl, whisk the egg whites until very stiff
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg yolks, then the banana mixture into it also. Gently mix in the egg whites until combined
- Add a third of the cream mixture to the prepared tin, drizzle over a third of the dulce de leche then repeat, using up all of the mixture. Cover and freeze overnight before serving.
This article originated on: www.womanandhome.com