This moist chocolate cake has a delicious mousse texture, we can't get enough!
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 mins, plus overnight cooling
- 250g salted butter, cubed (or unsalted and add a pinch of sea salt)
- 400g dark chocolate, chopped
- 250g golden castor sugar
- 5 large eggs, separated ice cream or whipped cream, to serve
You will need
- 23cm deep springform tin, lined with baking paper
- Heat the oven to 150°C, 130°C fan. Melt the butter and chocolate in a large bowl over a pan of barely-simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- In a small pan, gently heat the sugar with 4tbsp water until dissolved. Increase the heat and bring to the boil for 1 minute. Stir through the chocolate mixture, remove from the heat, and allow to cool slightly. Stir through the egg yolks and set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites to a medium peak and fold into the cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into the tin and bake on a baking tray for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until there is only a slight wobble in the centre.
- Allow to cool in the tin overnight, and serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.