If you love heels, but hate the pain they sometimes inflict on your feet, we’ve found stylish yet comfortable shoes that won’t torment your toes.
The trick to finding the right pair is to scout out a subtly arched sole. If it’s too high, your feet will be under pressure. Also, the thicker and flatter the surface area of the sole of your shoe, the less pressure put on your foot. Rummage through our guide of this season’s must-have comfy shoes to find your dream pair…
- Ankle-strap heels, R450, Woolworths: Straps are big news right now, and with good reason – comfortable and supportive, these shoes will replace your flats as your everyday go-to pair.
- Court heels, R899, Country Road: These heels are the ideal desk-to-dinner shoes. So versatile, they can be worn almost anywhere, from a summer wedding to lunch with the girls.
- Ankle-Strap pump, R1 885, Jeffrey Campbell at Polyvore: Jeffrey Campbell has created a pair of heels so pretty you won’t be able to resist them. The on-trend ankle-strap sandal just got a completely girly makeover.
- Gladiator block heel, R799, studio.w at Woolworths: This gladiator sandal is the perfect shoe for those who want to be noticed, but feel comfortable at the same time. Team with a sundress by day, or jeans and a cami by night.
- Block heel, R599, Zoom: These will go with almost everything in your summer wardrobe. The detailed heel adds that finishing touch, while the subtle colour means you can go bold with your outfit.
- Wedge, R999, Aldo: Classic and ladylike, these wedges are your key piece for the season – pair with berry tones for the ultimate summer look.
- Sling-back sandal, R1 100, Nine West: Let your feet sink into these printed wonders. The sling-back will support your feet, while the shoe’s soft fabric will cushion them.
- Block heels, R1 199, River Island :Proving that fabulous doesn’t have to mean uncomfortable, we’re replacing our black flats with these nude heels for a daily injection of glam.